TMO Traffic Highways Ltd. intend to comply with all our legal and compliance duties in order to provide a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and all others affected by our activities. We will take positive action to ensure that other contractors' employees, occupiers of premises, and members of the public do not have their health and safety adversely affected by our activities and work operations.
The only acceptable standard of health and safety, and for welfare facilities, will be full and proper compliance with the requirements of legislation. Where it is possible and practical to do so, the company will exceed the minimum requirements of the legislation.
In recognition of the importance that this company places on the engagement and wellbeing of its employees, the company will:
· Consult on health and safety matters within TMO and encourage the participation of our employees and others who may work under our influence to ensure that the arrangements for health and safety management are practical to implement and effective;
· As far as is reasonably practicable, fully and effectively eliminate Health & Safety hazards and reduce risks arising from its work activities, in co-operation with employees, other contractors, clients and other relevant parties;
· Ensure that accident and ill health prevention is allocated the highest priority, within all company operations and measured against suitable objectives and targets;
· Investigate lapses in health and/or safety performance and implement remedial actions to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, their recurrence;
· Provide and ensure that all plant and equipment owned, used or hired by the company is appropriate, safe to use and properly maintained, inspected and tested;
· Ensure that all equipment, materials and substances used by the company are appropriate for their intended use and used, handled and stored safely;
· Ensure that all employees are provided with adequate supervisory training, information and instructions to competently carry out their work activities.
· TMO do not fall under CDM constraints, however all staff will comply with client requests to ensure they meet their clients’ statutory requirements and duties.
TMO Traffic Highways Ltd is committed to ongoing monitoring and review processes so that continual improvement in the management of health and safety can be achieved. Health & Safety should never be compromised for other company objectives.
Signed: MARK HAYSMAN
Name: Mark Haysman
Title: Commercial, Business and Safety Director
Date: 1st December 2021